Startup and Small Business Technology Planning
Free 30-minute technology consultation for startups.
Additional consultations available based on needs (for fee).
Procure the hardware and software you need without exorbitant markups.
Identify the hardware and software rated for business use for reliability and performance.
Technology Plan development
Help you determine what you need at startup and what you need as you establish your organization.
Help you determine the pieces that you can do yourself, the pieces that you may need assistance with and finally the pieces that you will need someone to do on your behalf.
Help you put together a road map for your technology requirements for the first 1-2 years of your business.
Time and Material
For companies that only need occasional assistance, we offer time and material plans that you can call for assistance.
Block hours are prepaid support hours purchased and used for reactive support or can be used to schedule proactive maintenance if you decide to use the hours as such. Prepaid blocks of support hours are offered in two options.
- Standalone: Standalone blocks give a discount over time and material and are reactive support hours. You call and we take action. Standalone blocks expire 12 months after purchase.
- Monthly Reoccurring Blocks: Deeper discounts over Standalone blocks and are offered in 12, 24, and 36-month offerings. Each month you get a new block of hours. Unlike our competitors, we will roll over your unused block hours for the first 10 days of the following month. Clients can schedule work based on their usage of a particular month’s block and can schedule work with Piedmont Technical Experts.
PTE Gold Managed Services
For companies that want a fixed price when it comes to support. This plan includes all the remote Break Fix that occurs in your environment, and more services see more.
PTE Platinum Managed Services
Like PTE Gold, this plan has unlimited remote Break Fix support but also includes onsite Break Fix support as well as the additional services included in the PTE Gold Plan.
- Deployment of Hardware and Software
- Migration of Email to Office 365
- Network Assessments
- Vulnerability Assessments
- BCDR (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery) Planning
- Planning and Assistance with Self Audits for Compliance Requirements (NIST/CMMC, PCI, HIPAA)
- Computer Policy Development
- AutoPilot and InTune Deployment
- Cloud Migration/Acceptance/Deployment
- GAP Assessments for IT deployments.
- Many other services offered!
Difference between our managed services and the other guys
At Piedmont Technical Experts, we operate on the premise: if on-site travel is not needed or it takes 30 minutes or less to complete the task, it is included in your managed services plan. If we travel over 30 minutes, preferred rates are provided to our managed service clients for adds moves or changes.
What is the Difference Between Break Fix vs Add move change?
It was working yesterday; no changes were made but it is broken today.
Add move change
Work can be classified as an additional change such as moving a device, setting changes or network changes. Applies to managed service plans.
PTE Client Security
Bundled Security Suite of Products managed by engineers with more than 20 years of experience in support the SMB market.
Concierge Patch Management
Major Third-Party Applications
Patches are tested prior to being rolled out so you can have comfort in knowing that there is a low probability of patch breakage.
Proactive System Monitoring
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
EDR is an advanced next generation anti-virus software that is driven by an artificial intelligence engine for detecting, preventing, quarantining, and remediating viruses, ransomware, and other forms of malware. In the worst case scenario our solution allows Piedmont Technical Experts to roll your computer four hours at a time back to restore your machine to a pre-infection state.
PTE BCDR (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery)
What makes our solution unique? Our backup and recovery solution is an enterprise grade backup and recovery solution priced competitively for the SMB and startup markets. Additionally, the solution is direct to cloud, and then replicates locally, so your data is stored encrypted off site as soon as it is backed up. We have solutions for both workstation and server backup. Our prices are competitive because we don’t build in time for Recovery labor as you are likely not going to use recovery features each month. Instead recovery efforts are included in our managed services plans or are handled against support agreements keeping your monthly spend down.
Not one solution but three depending on your specific needs:
Office 365 backup
Recover a single message or an entire mailbox, recover a single file from SharePoint, Teams, or One Drive or the entire site.
File Level Backup
Image Level backup
PTE password management powered by LastPass
Best security practices when it comes to Passwords
- Have a complex password of 10-15 characters
- Change it every 90 days
- Prevent the reuse of passwords for at least 1-2 years
- Have a unique login for every system and website you login to.
- Never store your passwords on post-it notes, on your monitor, under your keyboard, in your pen drawer or in an unprotected file on your pc.
PTE Password Management powered by LastPass
- Gives you a password manager for your business users.
- Each business account registered also gets a free family plan of LastPass only if you maintain the subscription to PTE Password Management.
- Self Help tools to aid the user in determining if they are reusing the same password too much or not using strong enough passwords. Additionally, the tool can securely store your credit card and banking information so you can securely fill in the information without worrying it may get compromised or digging out your credit card or check book to look up the numbers.
- Quarterly Reports on how your users are doing on their password security. Who is reusing the same password repeatedly? Are there any accounts that have become stale? Are users using good quality passwords?
PTE Security Awareness Training
PTE Security Awareness Training is included in our Gold and Platinum managed security plans and coming soon to our PTE Client Security Program.
PTE Gold Managed Services
Gold managed services includes:
- Unlimited remote Break Fix
- Add Moves and Changes that are less than 30 minutes
- Twice Annual Network assessments
- Twice Annual Technology Alignment meetings
- PTE Client Security
- Security Awareness Training
- PTE Password Management
- Month Videos and Monthly phishing tests
- Monthly Open Action Item Meetings
PTE Platinum Managed Services
Everything in Gold Managed Services
- Includes onsite Break Fix support
- Monthly Onsite Visits and inspections to verify that nothing needs to be addressed